arnold goes green
The recycling trailers are located south of the library on Washington Street. We accept newspapers, magazines, phone books, tin cans, glass, and plastic.
- No lids on plastic
- All plastics and tin must be rinsed clean
- The only plastics accepted must be bottles or jugs with a neck smaller than the base—no cottage cheese, yogurt, margarine tubs, or ice cream buckets
- We accept only two types of plastic (look for the number on the bottom of the container): #1 plastic (examples are pop and water bottles) and #2 plastic, colored and natural (examples are milk jugs, vinegar jugs, bleach, and colored detergent bottles)
- Absolutely no oil or antifreeze jugs
- No strings, rubber bands, grocery bags, or plastic sacks in magazines or newspapers
- Cardboard can be taken to the dumpster by the recycling trailer
- All cardboard must be corrugated—absolutely no pasteboard, cereal boxes, pop and beer cases, or waxed cardboard
- Please flatten cardboard
For questions or further information regarding recycling in Arnold, contact the village office at (308) 848-2228.