arnold river battle
The South Loup River and Hidden Valley Campground is the location for the fourth annual Arnold River Battle on June 21, 2014. Open to youth and adults, this timed event will challenge those hardy, adventurous souls as the river twists and turns its way through the beautiful Nebraska countryside. Contestants must maneuver the natural habitat of the South Loup River in their kayaks, canoes, and tubes through narrow spots, downed trees, sandy spots, fences, wildlife, and anything else that nature has to offer. It's up to you or your team how fast or slow you go! But the fun doesn't stop there...lunch will be served at Hidden Valley Campground after your wild adventure...after all, you never know what you might encounter on the plains of Nebraska!
- Adult Class 18 & Older
- Adult Class Canoeing, Kayaking, & Tubing
- Youth Class Canoeing (must be accompanied with someone 18 or older)
- Youth Class Kayaking & Tubing, 17 & Under (must have signed waiver)
- All gear must be provided by participant.
- Life jacket must be in boat for each participant.
- Ages 17 and under must have waiver signed by parent or guardian.
- Ages 8 and under must wear a life jacket.